For you to keep the yard looks intact and manicuring it, the line of your weed eater must be wrapped and changed at regular intervals. Lawnmowers are not always useful for beautifying the area containing trees, rocks, and planters. Here in this scenario, a weed eater that is powered by either gas or electric makes the difference. The weed eater mainly requires a line made of nylon that spins and helps in easing the grass cuttings and unwanted weeds that are not readily accessible in many remote areas.
On the regular use of the weed eater, the nylon line suffers wear and tear on an eventual basis. Often, you can think of replacing the worn outline with a new spool, you can see this to be the quickest solutions, but at times the cost incurred is higher than merely replacing the line. You can replace the lines on the weed eaters at much lesser expenses in case you wrap the spool by yourself. This process, however, requires a bit more effort and time when done single-handedly. Dewalt dcst920p1 is a great cordless weed eater. You can read the Dewalt dcst920p1 review on homegearable.com.
Requirements for Changing A Weed Eater Line
You must purchase a spool for replacing the line. The sizes of the lines vary from model to model of the equipment that mainly ranges between 0.065 to 0.095 inches in diameter. The color also varies, and the one you are replacing must be of the same color as the existing one. There are three options for the lines in the form of cross, square, and round lines.
For easier cutting of the weed, you can choose the cross or the cross lines as the circular line only holds better rather than cutting. You can determine the correct size by referring to the manual book of the weed eater equipment. When you buy a line that is not much compatible with the machine, and then it can tend to put an extra load on the engine of the equipment that can eventually result in burning out.
Steps to Replace A Line on A Weed Eater
- You must prepare the equipment before making the replacement. You must unplug the electrically operated weed eaters. For the gas-powered equipment, you can pull out the contact wire and disconnect it from the plug. Safety must be your prime consideration before you start the replacement process.
- The second step is to remove the existing spool on the equipment which you can do by removing the screws. These screws hold the spool in position. Once removed, you can easily pull out the spool from the place.
- The eye is the point that you need to find on the weed eater; it is in the form of a hole from where the line passes. You now need to feed the line using the hole or the eye present.
- You must now wrap the line in the direction of the pointing arrows present on top of the spool. You must continue the process of wrapping until the line is complete.
- You must now attach the ends of the thread of the line by passing them through the holes on either side of the spool.
- You now need to replace the spool in the place from where you have removed it followed by adequate screwing of the spool in position.
- The final step before making the equipment work is to tap the device on the floor for advancing the line after replacement.
The power system of the weed eaters, either electric or gas, finally needs reconnection and before the operation, you must ensure that the guard is on for your safety and security concerns.